Wednesday, 25 May well 2022
By Tammy Knox
This site in our series for international athletes explains vital details of English regulation in relation to spouse and children troubles and divorce.
Even though the intricacies of contractual clauses and the tax economical structuring of assets are definitely at the forefront of several advisers’ minds, an athlete’s romantic relationship status should really likewise not be ignored. Sportspeople, and those people advising them, will have to carefully think about the probable economical ramifications of associations and their breakdowns, particularly provided that England is greatly regarded as “the divorce funds of the world”. This website examines:
- Crucial factors for experts who are previously married (or in a civil partnership)
- How is an entitlement to a divorce (and associated monetary promises) decided in England?
- How will the English courtroom divide money assets upon a divorce?
- How will the English court deal with profits on a divorce?
- Will the conditions of the marriage breakdown have an impact on the divorce or impression on the fiscal division?
- What steps really should be taken if the sportsperson is unmarried?
- What actions can be taken to minimise the chance of adverse publicity about loved ones challenges?
Keep on studying this write-up…
Sign up with your e-mail and password
Currently a member? Sign in
Get entry to all of the professional examination and commentary at LawInSport which includes articles or blog posts, webinars, conference movies and podcast transcripts. Locate out extra below.
Associated Article content
Tammy is a lover in the London business office of Penningtons Manches Cooper, specialising in all spots of relatives regulation, notably those people with an worldwide factor. She consistently advises on baby abduction and worldwide relocation of youngsters, economic concerns arising from separation, Household Regulation Act applications, disputes about boy or girl arrangements and prenuptial agreements. She is also expert in representing vulnerable purchasers.